Posts tagged with happy:
I don’t know who originally came up with the idea of lazy-at-home fitness, but I dig it. This is just a starter guide to what you can do throughout your day to get an extra 20 or 30 minute workout in with little to no effort.
In the Bathroom: For me this is where most of my lazy-fitness efforts take place.When I first started losing weight, I challenged myself to do 25 crunches every time I visited the bathroom (motivated me to clean the bathroom floor more, too). Sounds silly, but they really added up fast!
- Plie Squats while brushing your teeth
- Elevated Push-Ups against the tub
- Stretching in the shower (what better place to hang in forward fold with no one watching)
- Tree Pose while brushing teeth, combing hair, applying make-up, etc.*Remember to do both sides*
- Plank and use the commercials or show as a distraction
- Run on the spot or jumping jacks for one commercial break
- Do intense intervals of mountain climbers, burpees etc. And switch up the exercise on each new commercial. Like a short Bodyrock workout every few minutes!
In the Bedroom: Well, besides the obvious, there’s a lot of opportunities for physical activity in the bedroom!
- Crunches before you go to sleep
- 5 Push-ups every time you have to charge your phone
- Jumping jacks when you wake up
- Incline Push-ups on your bed
- Put some music on and do side lunges while washing dishes
- Watermelon Squats - or squash since it’s more in season
And I found this lil beauty on pinterest and it’s another example of how you can do exercise in just about any room of your house at any time!
Sorry I haven’t been around much recently, but it’s mid-term season and once this week is over I’ve got a lot more new post ideas coming your way with an ab-update, veg-inspired interviews and all that fun jazz! :)
Hope you guys are having a happy & healthy week!
I just had a fantastic weekend full of laughter, love and all sorts of merriment! On Friday I weighed in at 113 lbs (which means another loss of 2 pounds) and I have to say I was pretty excited about that. My weekend was, to put it gently, not the best as far as food is concerned but I’m confident once I get back into my
new weekly routine that I’ll re-fuel and fix my body back up to where I like it. Also, as a side note, can I just say I looked damn fine in my LBD last night. First time I’ve rocked that dress in public in quite a while (I haven’t fit into it) and I was complimented on how I looked several times. Confidence boost or what?!
Also I am excited for an event happening in my area this coming Saturday. It’s called Urban Goddess and it is beind held at the Moksha Yoga Studio in Waterloo. If anyone reading my blog is from the area you should definitely check it out!
Looks like a healthy, high-vibe kinda atmosphere and well, you know me! Get your tickets over @ http://theurbangoddess.eventbrite.ca
Also this week in order to hop back on the cardio train, I’m convincing myself to log 50 kms. Not all that hefty of a goal, it’s true, but I think catching up with school will be the main thing taking up my time this week. I do not want this week to be a continuance of last weeks nearly zero kilometres logged. For shame! :p
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and are ready for a healthy week! Let me know about your goals for the upcoming work/school/health grind! ;)
Today is my birthday. I am officially twenty-four years old! Almost a quarter century! Holy tabbouleh! :)
Hope everyone is going to have a kick-ass day, I know I am!! (The boyfriend already gave my my gift: a two-person hammock and a portable tea mug - Can we say kick-ass?)
Happy Thursday Everybody!! :D