Posts tagged with running:
So I woke up this morning without any alarm (just a cold, wet nose in my face) and decided to head out for an early run. It was a cool -10 ºC, or, 14 ºFfor my American friends, and it took me a while to warm up. But once I got a nice rhythm going it was beautiful! I actually enjoy running in the cold, you never really overheat and I hate that feeling! The only thing I am not fond of when it comes to running in the winter is the ice. I didn’t fall this morning thank goodness, but there were a few close calls. I think it’s just a matter of time before my butt is bruised.
Happy Saturday Everybody! Hope you all have a healthy and happy day! :)
I haven’t been setting goals for the past few months, so I figured I should just jump right back in and set a few for November.
- lose 3lbs. I know it’s not much, but I am so close to my GW that its getting very difficult to shed the fat. I think 3 is a good number to aim for at this point.
- workout a minimun of 5 times a week. This could be a gym workout, a long run, yoga etc. As long as it’s something!
- maintain healthy eating habits. I’ve been cheating a lot lately, mostly with cheese and crackers, nachos and breads. I just need to stay focused and even when I am stressed out studying all night long I need to reach for carrotts instead of crackers.
- start training for the 10km race. With two 5k’s under my belt I think it’s about time I pushed myself a little further. I plan on racing an 8km in February and a 10k shortly after. One long run a week.
- explore the gym. I have been sticking to the treadmill and stationary bike for my cardio, and dumbbells and barbells for strength, I kinda want to test out some of the machines and see if I can in corporate some into my routine.
- drink more water. I seriously underhydrate some days and I know it isn’t doing anything to help my weightloss. 8 glasses minimum. Even if it means going to the bathroom during a lecture! lol
There. I don’t think that’s too terribly difficult for November. I am excited to kick it up a notch and really test my limits. Wishing you all a happy, healthy new month as well! :)