Posts tagged with yoga:
I’m not a big New Years party kinda person, but I do think there is great value in making a resolution for the year to come. Back in January ‘11 my New Year’s Resolution was to lose a little weight, and here I am a few years later, 43 pounds lighter and on the best health kick of my life! That one little resolution changed my whole outlook on life, and I think even if it’s just silly wishes and it’s all in your head, it’s still a good idea to get your head in the right place. ;)
This year I traveled back home north to bring in the new year with my boyfriend and his two little cuties! We shared our first new year’s kiss (yep it’s a big deal) and drank some bubbly by the fire (d’aww :p).
I hadn’t really given much thought to my resolution this year until I woke up the next morning and the sun was shinning - I just felt really good and ready for change. So, here’s a sort of impromptu list of things I want to do for myself this year:
- commit to continuing with 100% raw breakfasts (juice/smoothies/fruit) & aiming for 70% raw vegan foods throughout the day. Sounds easy sure, but lots of things can get in the way and meal planning is something I don’t do well with on the go. More prep time, more focus, that’s all.
- ten sun-salutations minimum a day.
- learn to accept others for where they are in their own health journey and to inspire instead of argue my way to their hearts and minds.
- I want to blog more and get to know my readers. You all seem like cool shit & I want you to know that I care about you too!
- get another tattoo (really fresh idea, still playing around with concepts in my head)
- read more & write more
That’s all really. Just basic things to keep my head in the health game and my vibrancy going up. What are some of your resolutions for the new year? Did you succeed in making last year’s goals a reality? :)
Much love & hugs!